Kasuga Grand Shrine was founded by Fujiwara Nagato, it consists of four separate buildings, each devoted to a particular deity: Takimikazuki and Futsunushi and god-fathers family Fujiwara - Amenokoyane and Hime-okami. All buildings are examples of the architectural style Kasuga-zukuri, they differ from earlier buildings with white walls and uneven roof line. Until 1823 every 20 years, the building is fully communicated to them lined up again to the original project, today the restoration process only affects the roof.

Nara Kasuga Grand Shrine 1Nara Kasuga Grand Shrine 2Nara Kasuga Grand Shrine 3Nara Kasuga Grand Shrine 4Nara Kasuga Grand Shrine 5Nara Kasuga Grand Shrine 6